Monday 11 March 2013

Empty Products!


Well, hello again. It's been a while, hasn't it. Turns out i'm not great at keeping up with my blog but i am determined to be better (I know - that's what they all say!). But i have been planing a couple of posts, if that counts as an excuse?

ANYWAY, let's get down to business - my empty products. Recently, i have been trying new moisturisers for my face and body because i have really strange skin (my body is sensitive and my face is normal to dry) and i was given the Soap & Glory The Daily Smooth Body Butter at christmas, so i gave it a go. The first thing i noticed about this product was the smell. Yes, it was lovely but having sensitive, exczema prone skin means a scented body product is normally a no go. Next time your in boots though, do give it a sniff! This is probaby my favourite scent they've brought out yet, but sadly this product didn't go well with my skin, as it left me itching at during the day if i had used in the morning after a shower. But the consistency was lovely, thick and creamy without being too liquidy or too hard. It also spread very well so a little of this product really went a long way. I did like this product but i don't think i'll be rushing out to buy it again because the scent is quite overpowering and it left me itching. Maybe in the summer when my skin has seen the sun and is a bit less dry, i'll try this one again.

The next body moisturiser i tried was this Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion. This is a fragrance free (always promising!) moisturising lotion that was recommended to me by a pharmacist after i told her about my dry itchy skin. In the past i have been to the doctors about it, and he gave me a steroid cream which does work, but i would rather not use all of the time because of the clinical smell and it comes in such a small tube! So, i started using this and i loved it. The lotion was quite thin so it sunk in really quickly, and i use quite a lot so i sped through this which i don't mind as it's only £5.49 a tube! (currently only £3.49 in superdrug or on the website!). The only problem which is hardly a problem is that it smells a bit strange because of the oatmeal in it (i know, i'm fussy with smells!) I am also currently using the Aveeno body wash but i will go into that in another post. I would definitely try this brand out if you suffer from dry or sensitive skin.

The next empty product i have is the Liz Earle Skin Repair Light Moisturiser for combination/oilty skin. I know, what was i thinking? Well, i was thinking the normal/combination Liz Earle Moisturiser was too thick so i'll try the lighter one. I love the brand so i thought this would work for me, but it wasn't a good idea. I have used the majority of it up, but it moisturised my skin for about 10 minutes before i had to put on another, thicker moisturiser. I'm sure this skin would be perfect for anyone with oilier skins though, just not one for me.

Now i have a concealer that every beauty blogger and vlogger has been raving about for a while now, the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer and i bought the shade Fair 1, the palest of them all. This really is a nice concealer, it's thick and blends nicely but i think i bought a shade too light for me (shocker!). I don't think i really need to talk much about this product, just go and try it yourself.

And my last empty product which just suddenly dried up like the sahara desert is the Benefit They're Real! Mascara. And that is the only real complaint about this product i have. It curls and coats lashes nicely and i absolutely adore the packaging (i promise this isn't the main reason i bought this mascara!) It has got a plastic wand, but i don't mind that. All in all a nice mascara but i think you can get the same effect with a cheaper one, or get a better effect by spending a little bit more.

Well, that's all for now! Do you have any empty products you'll be rushing out to repurchase or anything disappointing? Let me know!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment